Five reasons why professional athletes should engage a personal trainer
1) Proper training & instructionHitting the gym is important for all athletes, but if you want to truly improve your health and fitness levels, it’s important to focus on your exercise regime. Using gym equipment incorrectly or overdoing it and causing a muscle strain can be hugely detrimental to an athlete, so it’s essential you know how to train safely.
A personal trainer can design a bespoke training and exercise programme so you can reach your goals quicker and tailor it to your sport.
2) Rehabilitation after injuryIf you’ve had an injury which has affected your sports career, engaging a personal trainer can be one of the best ways to aid in recovery. They can make sure you don’t do any further damage and slowly build up strength and confidence so you feel prepared for professional sports again. Providing specialised advice, exercises and motivation, an experienced personal trainer can help you get back on the field as soon as possible.
3) A complete wellbeing coachA personal trainer isn’t just there to help you lose weight or get faster, they take a holistic view of your health and wellness, considering your diet, sleep, exercise and more to ensure a healthy mind and body. They can help you identify any areas for improvement and help you stick to your goals. Your personal trainer can suggest new ways to improve your lifestyle or small changes which can make a big difference to your performance. By studying your performance and considering multiple factors, a PT can help you improve your techniques as well as your overall fitness level.
4) Compete at the right levelIf your sport has weight classes like boxing, it’s important to be able to strictly control your weight before those all-important matches. Working with professional personal trainers can help you stick to your goals and compete at the level you want. If you have a big event coming up to train for, like a marathon or athletics tournament, a PT can help you to get into shape and improve your performance so you stand the best chance possible.
5) Stay motivated every sessionBeing a professional athlete isn’t easy, it’s a demanding career which requires huge levels of resilience, physical fitness and discipline. Regular personal training sessions can be a great way to stay motivated, especially when it’s tough, and they can encourage you to stick to your routine and achieve those goals. You can check in with your PT and ask them for help and advice when you need that extra boost to train.
Call a Personal Trainer todayFor further information, browse our site at www.pickspt.com.au. The expert and friendly Picks PT Team offers a FREE 30-minute initial consultation. So, feel free to call our team today on 0420 998 460.
We’re proud to service Macarthur, Campbelltown, Mount Annan, Camden and surrounding areas.